Tattoo & Body Piercing FAQ
How do you book an appointment?
If you would like to book an appointment it is best to call us at (360) 676-7330 and speak to someone. They will will help answer any questions that you might have. Also you can come down to the studio and book it directly there. You can view our artists’ portraits and look through our galleries for ideas and inspiration.
What form of payment do you accept?
Cash, Debit, Visa, MasterCard, Amex.
This is my first time getting a tattoo or a piercing, how do I get one?
Try to get some ideas about what tattoo design/piercing that you want done and how you want your tattoo design/piercing to look on your body. Come into our shop and check out many tattoo design examples, visit our tattoo and piercing photos of each artists to grab an idea you are trying to find. Choose an artist who’s work you like.
How do I prepare for my appointment?
On the day of the appointment, do not consume alcohol or aspirin. Please be sober-minded and healthy. These conditions will ensure the best possible start for your body art. How well your tattoo heals has everything to do with how well you take care of it afterwards, so be prepared to follow the aftercare instructions provided to you.
From the uniquely charming city of Bellingham, Washington Chameleon Ink Tattoo & Body Piercing takes great pride in providing the best tattoo and piercing services possible to our clients. Our tattoo artists and piercing technicians strive for artistic and technical excellence, and offer their full attention to you and your body art vision.
Whether a nose or navel piercing, or a full-sleeve tattoo, through creativity, attention to detail, and artistic excellence, we work with you to create the best body piercing or tattoo to complement your body.
We are very concerned with your health and safety, and maintain an atmosphere that reflects it. We are a fully licensed tattoo and body piercing studio with the State of Washington. All needles for tattoos and body piercings are single-use and autoclave sterilized with state of the art equipment.
Recent News & Events
- New Website Launch and promotion for Canadian Customers!
Our new website launched on the 4th of July!Chameleon Ink would like to thank class 1p of the New Media and Web Development program at BCIT for creating our new fully responsive website. To thank our …
- Aftercare, an important part of owning body art.
Owning a piece of body art, especially a new piece, comes with a set of challenges and responsibilities. Many new tattoo owners, and even more new piercees have questions about how best to take …
- The custom tattoo process, how it works, and how to get the most out of it.
When you're thinking about getting a new tattoo, there are many things that complicate matters, most of these are known only to the tattoo artist. Things like whether to get color, or simply b …
- On Tattoo School…
There's a lot of buzz going around the industry about the documentary series called 'Tattoo School', ranging from simple rants, to a full-blown industry boycott of The Learning Cha …
- Taking care in consideration
Getting a new piece of body art is no easy prospect, be it a piercing, tattoo, or some other modification; the options, fear of pain, and cost can be daunting for anyone. At Chameleon; we always e …
Chameleon Ink Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
Your tattoo was done with sterile equipment and procedure. We guarantee the workmanship. Once you leave the studio, proper care and healing of your tattoo is your responsibility. Call us if you have any questions or concerns: (360) 676-7330
What to do:
- Leave the tattoo bandaged for a minimum of 2-3 hours. Do not re-bandage tattoo.
- Remove bandage and wash the tattoo well by hand using ANTIBACTERIAL SOAP (Chameleon Ink, Provon or Dial Brand) and luke-warm running water.
- When done washing the tattoo, gently pat the tattoo dry with a clean towel, and allow the tattoo to dry for 5 to 10 mins.
- Apply TATTOO OINTMENT (Chameleon Ink or Tattoo Goo Brand) to the tattoo 3 to 4 times daily. Continue applying tattoo ointment for 5 to 6 days until the top skin layer over the tattoo starts to flake off or peel like tissue paper. Peeling and flaking is usual, but call us if you have concerns. Begin applying UNSCENTED LOTION when tattoo begins flaking.
- Do not pick or scratch! Let the skin peel naturally
- Dry skin containing color may come off while using lotion or washing the tattoo.
- Continue applying the UNSCENTED LOTION 3 to 4 times daily when for about 10 to 14 days or until the tattoo is completely done peeling.
Not to do:
- NO direct sunlight on tattoo for the first 2 to 3 weeks.
- DO NOT pick or scratch the tattoo while its peeling.
- DO NOT soak the tattoo for a 2 week period for 2 weeks.
- No chlorine water, swimming, baths, hot tubs, or saunas for 2 weeks. Showers OK.
- After 2 weeks, when the tattoo is completely peeled, swimming or soaking is ok.
- NO shaving or waxing area until tattoo is completely healed.
- DO NOT apply alcohol, Vasoline, Neosporin, or sun-block to fresh tattoo.
- Small amounts of color may appear on clothing or sheets for the first few days.
- When tattoo is peeling, color will appear in pieces of skin.
- If the tattoo is on an are where it is exposed to air, allow it to breath to promote faster healing. Your body and oxygen are going to heal the tattoo.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing over tattoo. Don’t suffocate tattoo with pantyhose or socks.
“Mark Keller is the most amazing tattoo artist in the world! Okay, I only have one tattoo so I really can’t say this for sure, but he was extremely friendly and did make me feel super comfortable when I thought for sure I was going to die getting a tattoo! The place is very clean and the staff was more than happy to answer all of my questions. I also got my nose pierced here about a year ago and they were amazing then too. The lady had me do some sort of tai chi breathing technique and I swear I hardly felt it! This is the place to go if you are planning to get a tattoo/piercing in Bham!” – Emily H.
“Came here for my first tattoo and it looks amazing! The guys here are very good at keeping you comfortable and the private rooms where they do their work is such a relief, if you’re having a tattoo placed somewhere out of sight, it comes in handy. This tattoo place is very clean, almost sterile. Will be coming back again, I’m sure.” – Annie L.
“My sister and I were both grateful that we had Kris put tattoo on us. Truly professional. The shop is gorgeous, the entire staff is totally professional, and my sister said it’s her best tattoo experience by far . She loves her tattoo and i love mine too.” - Barbara Creek
“Cleanest tattoo place I’ve ever been to.
The guys here do great work, really know there stuff and for my wife’s first tattoo, they even have semi private rooms to help her feel more at ease.
The guys are pretty good at their work, easily the best tattoo place in town.” – Dan S.
“Really clean environment. Has separate rooms for privacy, which is something I haven’t seen before. Mark did an awesome job on my tattoo. He is an awesome artist, a gentle tattooist, and just a likable guy. We had some nice conversations, which took my mind away from any pain. My tattoo looks AWESOME. The flower is so delicate and realistic, and the line of music I got is very detailed and specific. I will be going there again very soon.” – Jackie J.